Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Christmas Quilt 1

So this post is a little late due to some personal issues I was having. But here it is :).  I am doing the Christmas in July Blitz by Monkey Dog Quilts.   I am making a quilt for my Grandmother (on my father's side) for Christmas this year.  Since she has done so much for me over the years I figured it is the least I can do for her.  It will be a signature quilt with a block for each of my cousins, aunts, uncles, father, and sister.  My grandma is very proud of her Scottish heritage and immigrated to America when she was 19.  I have decided to make the Quilt purple and green because those colors remind me of her home.  These are four of the fabrics I have picked out.  I still need to get two more that are green.


Below is a picture of inspiration.  Although my quilt will be somewhat different it will still have the same type blocks.  
I Have drawn this rough sketch to see if it is how I want the quilt but I am not quite sure yet.  I think I really like it, what do you think?



Right after I picked the colors for this quilt a found this quilt being done for an ill mother.  I plan on using my left over fabric to make squares for it.  Maybe you could help too?

Patches 4 Lissa

1 comment:

  1. I have a blog about a friendship quilt passed down in my family from 1937. I'd love to have you stop by my site to visit my blog!
    http://christiancountyfriendshipquilt.blogspot.com/

    Mary

    ReplyDelete