Monday, August 16, 2010

Moving!!!

My husband recently got orders to relocate.  We just found out that we will be moving to upstate NY to finish his training.  Although it is going to be a huge change and EXTREMELY different from what I am used to (I was raised in the south and went to highschool and college in FL) I have decided I am very excited for the change and adventure.  The first thing I did went my husband told me the news was jump on the computer and look up quilt shops in the area.  I was ecstatic when I found out there were so many shop nearby since here in Charleston there really aren't any quilt shops.  With this big change I have decided to add some changes to my quilting life to make it more productive.  We will only be in NY for about 8 months so I feel like that is the perfect time period to set some short term goals.  My goals are roughly as follows:

GOALS:
  1. Take at least one quilting class a month.  Each class should be based on a new task I should be learning or perfecting.
  2. Finish my Gran's quilt by Christmas.
  3. Participate in a Quilting Bee.
  4. Participate in a Siggy Quilt swap.
  5. Make at least ONE Brown Bag quilt from the Stash Manicure Brown Bag Quilt Contest.
  6. Make a "Baby Jane" Quilt top.  Do a certain amount of squares per week until I get the whole Quilt top done.

No comments:

Post a Comment